25th Australian Jamboree 2019
Update – 09/12/2018
Less than a month to go before the 25th Australian Jamboree starts. 4 Scouts from Dayboro will be attending – Connor, Brodie, Poppy and Elisa along with our ever dedicated Scout leader – Roo. Dayboro Scouts will be located in D320 along with Scouts from Clifton Hill, Queens Park, Goondiwindi and Imbil.
The detailed site map provides insight into the significant work now under way to prepare for this epic event. On the 1st December 2018, approximately 130 volunteers helpd pack 4 semi trailers with equipment destined for Tailum Band.
AJ2019 organisers have also just released a catering guidebook – have a read to see what your scout will be eating(or not) during the 10 days of Jamboree.
The 25th Australian Jamboree will be held from the 4th to the 13th January 2019 at “The Bend MotorSport Park” located at Tailem Bend which is approximately 1 hour south east of Adelaide, Souith Australia. The Dayboro Scout Group will be sending a contingent consisting of approximately 10 Scouts. The cost of sending each Scout member is substantial ($2500) so we plan on starting fundraising activities soon. As more information becomes available, this page will be updated
- Must be a registered and financial Scout Section member at the time of application and through till 14th January 2019
- Must be a registered Scout Section member at the time of application and through till 14th January 2019
- Must have met the requirements, before 31st October 2018, for either:
- the Pioneer Badge;OR
- Milestone 1 in their badge work, as well as Stage 3 in each of Bushcraft, Bushwalking and Camping
- Have completed ten (10) nights under canvas as a Scout, at a Scout camp, with three (3) of those nights being consecutive. Camping with family, schools etc. will not be considered.
- Have approval from the Scouts’ Scout Leader
- Have approval from the Contingent Leader
- Have consent from their parents/guardian
- Not have had their 15th birthday before the opening day of the Jamboree (under 15 years old on 4/1/2019)
How to apply
To register your scout for AJ2019, you will need to set up an account on the registration wesite and then proceed with the registration. You will need to know their scout member number and have a passport style photo that you can upload. The registration website is applications.aj2019.com.au/
Key Dates and Fees
- Registrations close – 31st August 2018
- First Payment ($850) – 31st March 2018
- Second Payment ($940) – 30th June 2018
- Third Payment ($685) – 30th September 2018
More information can be obtained from the following links